Friday, December 20, 2013

Why I'm Doing This...



Let’s see if I can actually do this.  I’m starting this blog for several reasons.  First off, I just enjoy writing and since running is really my main passion in life, I figure I should find a way to combine these two things that really give me joy.  Moreover, I really need a motivational tool to help keep my on track (no pun intended). 

I’ll get into my running history at a later time, but I’ll start by saying the fire hasn’t been burning nearly as hot lately as it has in the past.  After several years of mediocre performance, I lack the confidence and motivation to really train hard for a single race.  I wish that wasn’t the case, but it seems more often than not lately my running has begun to feel like a chore.  Instead of being something I look forward to in my day, my run is something I have to get over with, and that’s not the right mindset when you enter your training.  So I’m planning on starting to write to help motivate myself.

I also hope, if I’m luck enough to get a few people reading this, to maybe inspire others, or at least give some ideas or advice to anyone in need of some motivation themselves.  As you’ll find, I’m a very experienced runner who has had some success on a local level, and I’ve also been a coach now for 9 years.  I always like to share my experiences and my ever-growing knowledge of the sport I love. 

This blog will generally follow my training and racing, normally with a specific goal in mind and how I plan to achieve that goal.  I’ll include workout details, as well as other supplementary material that will give any potential readers an insight to how I go about training, recovering, and making time for pursuing my goals.  I’ll also occasionally include anecdotes from my life as a high school coach, and some of the workouts I have my runners do.  

 In my next post, I’ll give a bit of background information about myself and explain my goals and my training philosophy that will (hopefully) help me achieve this short term goal.  I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment