Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So What Am I Training For?

To keep this post short, my two main goals for 2014 are the Louisville Mini Marthon in April and the Quad Cities Marathon in September (and I hope to keep that marathon fitness for the Bourbon Chase 2 weeks later).  Quad Cities is one of those great mid-range marathons where they have some reasonably fast runners, but want to fill in the field with halfway decent runners, so they are fairly liberal with their "elite" status.  They accept fast 1/2 marathon times into their elite program, and in order for me to feel like I've at least earned that status I would like to run under 1:12 for the 1/2 marathon (roughly 5:25 pace).  I have an all new training plan to try to achieve this, which I will describe in some detail in the next few days.  As for now, I'm glad to have just finished my final run of 2013 so I can get that terrible year of running behind me and look to 2014, which I hope will be one of my better years of running ever.  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment